JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pete Seeger and Kate & Steve



On Sunday I took the train north to Beacon, New York to the Corn Festival, a little festival by the Hudson River with lots of corn and some good music. Mostly I went to see my great friends Kate and Steve (who live about half a mile from me in Portland) and to see the great Pete Seeger. And my cousin Alex came up to hang out for some of it (thank you Alex, and sorry about the traffic).

Pete is 88 and totally adorable. He played for half and hour, got the audience singing, and galloped around like it was nothing. Kate and Steve are always great, and I can't tell you how wonderful it was to hear their voices and hang out with them for a while. Wish it could have been longer though.

Pete Seeger.

Steve and Kate.



Kate and Steve.

Kate and Steve.

Me and Kate.

Steve, me and Kate.

2 Comments:

  • At August 14, 2007 at 5:02 PM, Blogger Deb Shucka said…

    Geez, I take a day off and miss two whole albums of pictures. Fire Island is an amazing place. I've read about it for years and didn't realize the stories were quite so true. The highlight is seeing you with dear Kate who looks stunning with her new shorter do. And good old Pete Seeger. I hope I look that well when I reach his point in life. Thanks for sharing.

    Love to you.

     
  • At August 15, 2007 at 5:22 PM, Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said…

    Happy, happy pictures, Jess. They speak thousands of words!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home