JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Family in Bay City, Michigan


Been in Bay City (15 mins north of Saginaw and an hour and half north of Ann Arbor) since Wednesday night. My cousin Jonah, his wife Jessica, and their daughter Makaylah are here for the summer at Jessica's parents house (they live the rest of the year in Cairo). Their second daughter is due any minute now. I do hope I get to meet her before I have to head east.

Yesterday Jonah and I went for a 20-mile bike ride to the Bay City State Recreation Area, a beautiful marshy place with lots of birds. And at least one beaver. And flat riding all the way! But bugs.... (I'll download the pictures from that soon.)

Jessica's good friend Penny is visiting from Virginia for a week with her 5-year-old daughter, Arwyn. Makaylah and Arwyn are having a ball.






6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home