JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lawrence, KS: Day 1

Arrived last night at Elise's house in Lawrence, Kansas. It was a pretty decent drive. I have found that doing yoga before long drives helps enormously. The only problem with driving across Kansas was that it was crawling with cops. I hadn't seen a single one all the way across the country until Kansas, and then tons. Speed limit 70 (not 75) and it seemed wise to keep close to it. I passed a few interesting landmarks and saw a great sunset.


Prayer flags in the rear view mirror, with a rose from Bindu's garden.



Elise and family have a goat dairy, where they make goat cheese, ice cream, soap and other stuff, all from goat milk. Yummy.

This is Angela, 7, with her goat, Ming.


Elise with Ranger.

Strong Muscles.

Baby the Yorkie.

5 Comments:

  • At June 26, 2007 at 2:33 PM, Blogger Deb Shucka said…

    Love, love, love these pictures. Did you go to prairie dog town? I really like the quirky pictures you're finding (Byers, Bliss, etc.) and hope for more. I can hardly wait for the picture of you and Jerri together!

     
  • At June 26, 2007 at 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll say it again: I love Strong Muscles! xo t

     
  • At June 28, 2007 at 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I mailed your shirt today. We miss you; come back in August and you can milk a goat! love from all

     
  • At June 28, 2007 at 8:15 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    Incidentally, I did not go to Prairie Dog town, although I was very curious to see the biggest prairie dog on earth. I just thought it gave the area a little context. :)

     
  • At July 10, 2007 at 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After spending many, many years in the Midwest, I happily settled out West, but the photos, especially of Elise's little corner of Paradise, made me homesick!

    t

     

Post a Comment

<< Home