JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

writing adventure across the country

on sunday i finished my third "writing life" workshop with jennifer lauck. this time it was in sisters, oregon. each workshop has been different and amazing and i feel so blessed to know all the amazing women who come together for these weekends (here's a picture i love of me and holly). i've only begun to process it all, but it was most definitely the perfect way to begin my summer-long writing adventure across the country. to talk to people, to find my story, to write. (and in august, i am indeed registered for the marge piercy workshop at omega.) i will try to post here fairly often, to keep you updated on my travels.

tonight i am in boulder at bindu and jeanne's house. in this room i stayed in last summer, only now they are all moved in and it's very lovely and cozy. apparently they even had a mountain lion in the backyard last week (maybe not quite such a cozy thing).

i drove from sisters to boise on monday, boise (via bliss) to rock springs, wyoming on tuesday. rock springs to here today. amazing to drive across this part of the country in june (i usually do it in august, when it's much browner). arrived here just in time for a yoga class with amy ippoliti, who had been recommended to me by a yoga teacher in portland (maureen clyne). a great class, though it kind of kicked my butt (i have a ways to go on the head stands and back bends). i guess it's pretty hard core in boulder. :)

i am dying to sit and write in boulder coffee (and tea) shops, visit the boulder bookstore and the pearl street mall, hike around the flat irons, see jane and jenna and darryl and deidre. and just generally soak up the good boulder vibes. while i love portland the most, it always makes me happy to come back here.

5 Comments:

  • At June 21, 2007 at 2:19 PM, Blogger susan said…

    Just transferred your CD to my iPod and have been listening to it all day. Thank you for such an incredible gift, and for explaining why you love each song. It means so much to me.

    Still worried about you "out there" -- but I know you are having a tremendously significant, life-changing trip. I have such hope that you will find what you want and need as well as things you didn't know you wanted or needed ....

    love.

     
  • At June 22, 2007 at 9:50 PM, Blogger riversgrace said…

    Oh Jess, are you still in Boulder? Please say hello to the Trident Cafe (9th and Pearl). That's where it all began for me.

    I love that you're on the road. Blessings and grace for the journey.

     
  • At June 23, 2007 at 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

     
  • At June 23, 2007 at 3:29 PM, Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said…

    Love the picture of you and Holly. Love the CD you made and the narrative, I've listened to it at LEAST 25 times.

    Journey mercies, sweetie!

    love.

     
  • At June 24, 2007 at 12:32 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    I don't think I've ever gotten Portuguese spam before. Must be good luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home