JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Chicago

Just arrived in Bay City, Michigan to see my cousin Jonah, his wife Jessica (who is going to have a baby any day now), and their daughter Makaylah. It was a pretty uneventful drive from Chicago. But I must say, driving in and out of Chicago was as annoying as I remembered it being. Traffic no matter what time it is. Could have been much worse though, it was alright, but probably added about 45 minutes on the way in yesterday and and on the way out today. And then I got to listen to lots of great patriotic songs on country radio. :)

But I did have a lovely time in Chicago with my friend Rachel, who took me to her favorite bar to meet her favorite adorable bartender. I wish I had some pictures of that.

Here are a few pictures of other things. :)

Before I left Iowa City, I figured out which dorm my mother had lived in her freshman year of college (1963-64) and found it, and gave myself a tour (since it was empty and the door was open). Nice to walk around and along the river behind it.

A sign I passed in western Illinois....

Rachel and her crazy kitty, Esme.

Rachel's cozy living room.

Rachel's other cat (actually her sister's), Lucy. I too an extra liking her to her because she looks like Emma Lou, same coloring (skinnier though).

A view of the Chicago skyline on the way of of town.

Stay tuned for pictures of Makaylah, who is soooo big (and maybe Jonah, but only if he does something cute).

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home