JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Friday, June 29, 2007

Really, I never want to leave Jerri's house

This is the sweet face I woke up to this morning. Or more accurately, the sweet furry little body curled up next to me. I will miss Cassie. :)

This is my tea cup this morning (for you, Carrie), with some damn good Yunnan tea I bought at the tea shop I found yesterday. I had driven into Kansas City to have coffee with an old friend of my mother's from social work school, Carol. It was really very wonderful to talk to her. Carol was very involved in a campaign to make the Boston University School of Social Work wheelchair accessible during the time my mother was sick and struggling to get to class in a wheelchair. Their organization was called Right to Access Must Prevail. RAMP.

I don't so much like this picture of me, but I had to have a picture of me and Jerri, so here we are. Back at the tea shop (Jerri's friend Barb is a tea nut, too).

This is Jerri and her friend Barb Robinette Moss, writer and very funny woman. It was great to meet Barb and see the sisterhood she and Jerri have going. Very sweet.

So tomorrow I have to tear myself away from this place where I have been taken such amazing care of, fed well, pampered at the salon (they actually tried to remove a whitehead for me this morning, no kidding). Hours and hours of conversation overlooking the pond. I will definitely be back before too long.

Oh, and if you want to see my new pedicure (and another weird picture of me), go to Jerri's blog here.

Tomorrow off to Fairfield, Iowa to see my second cousin, Margo. A new adventure. Onward!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home