JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ann Arbor pictures.... from Rochester, NY.

So I'm a little behind here, but here's what's up. I am now in Rochester, New York now. More on that soon. But to catch you up on my time in Michigan, here are some pictures.

The first batch is of my cousin Michael, his wife Susan, and their beautiful (and gregarious) twins, Hazel and John. I spent a lovely few days at their house, Monday to Thursday. Michael is the son of my uncle Peter in Seattle... And the author of several books. Susan has one, too, but I haven't read it yet. And very accomplished family all around. John and Hazel know how to make rain in a jar. Can you do that? I think I have commented on the brilliance of 5-year-olds in this space before.







I also got to visit some old friends in Ann Arbor, friends formerly of Missoula. Adrianne and Carla and their son Noah, who I used to take care of when he was two (he's now seven). And I got to meet their lovely and talented new baby, Sylvie! That was exciting. Truly, it was so good to catch up with them all.








Oh, and I did go to Zingerman's. And yes, it was insanely expensive (I bought an $8 loaf of bread), but the bread was good. Not that good though, honestly. It was fun though. Maybe I should have had a bagel or an $8 chocolate bar.

1 Comments:

  • At July 16, 2007 at 6:47 AM, Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said…

    LOVE this last picture of you with that cutie pie! I've never seen you happier, Jess! You need to find a rich wife and have a baby ASAP - you were born to be a mother!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home