JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

More tea shops and space for rent

Its soon to post about another tea shop, but the other day Prema called and said she was having the best bubble tea ever. So later I met her at this tea shop in NW Portland, which I had actually been to before but just to eat (the food is really good). They have very good bubble tea at Townshend's, and it turns out that Coconut Mate is very good iced, but the blended bubble tea at the Tea Zone was even more delicious. The one both Prem and I got was called something like the Rose Garden (?) and was green tea with rosewater iced and blended with tapioca pearls. If you haven't have bubble tea is might sound weird, but it was great. Try it. They also have wifi, of course, and live music most nights. They need to work on their web site though.

In other news, I am trying to rent some space in my house to massage therapists/healers/artists/etc. Please see my Craigslist post and pass it on to anyone you know who might be interested. It's already taken on Mondays by a very sweet French man named Didier Noblia who does Reiki, numerology, past-life regression therapy, sound healing, Qi Gong, and other intuitive healing work. Thanks for connecting us, Carrie.

Speaking of Craigslist, I got a really great chair this morning. My furniture budget is very low, but I have a lot of house now, so I needed something else comfy to sit on. And since it was close by, the guy was willing to tie it to the top of his car and drive it over here. God bless Craigslist. Where would I be without it?


Now I am back home with all my windows closed suffering from the worst allergies of the season so far. Runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing all over the place. I'm a mess. I need to go watch a movie in a dark room.

4 Comments:

  • At July 1, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    folks here swear by alavert.
    good job on the chair. but where's emma lou's OTHER chair?

     
  • At July 2, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    I'll have to look into Alavert. Its a bit less bad today...

    The other chair (EL's chair formerly known as yours) was moved over. I'm ust experimenting with placement for them both. WIsh you were here to help.

     
  • At July 23, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I love bubble tea. I'll have to try that place. Have you seen the new Turkish coffee house/import store on Fremont? Worth a visit.

     
  • At July 23, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    No! You'll have to tell me where the new place on Fremont is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home