JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Obama in Portland

This afternoon, Happie (my grandmother) and I went to see Obama speak at the waterfront. She's been a fan of Obama for longer than I have, and was very excited to see him in person. At first we weren't sure we'd get in because the lines was blocks and blocks long, but we did. People were very gracious and helpful to Happie, helping her up and down from the grass, bringing her cold water. Not so bad to be 88, maybe. :)

They say there were 75,000 people there, a record for any rally in any city during this campaign (more than twice his next largest crowd). It was pretty awesome. Makes me damn proud to be a Portlander. See below for some video clips, one of a political nature, one not so much (posted with permission though).








PS And then there's a much clearer better video of Obama speaking, no shaking like mine. I like having my own though. But I just watched this one and it almost made me cry. I can't say why, but he just feels a lot less like a politician than everyone else. Maybe it's naive to be smitten by it, but I'll take it. Bless the Clintons for trying for so long, but they're done. Gotta love the ending music on this video, signed, sealed, delivered...

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home