JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Pictures from Austin, the joys of Krispy Kreme

Ellen and I at Eliza's house on Saturday morning

A little post SXSW post... The last night was much fun. We did see Johnette Napolitano, she was amazing (though a bit crazy). Balkan Beatbox got snowed in in New York and didn't make it. That was somewhat devastating, but I did get to dance to Soulico for a while instead. And see Eliza do a midnight showcase.

But most importantly, I got to make my annual (well almost annual) pilgrimage to Krispy Kreme with Ellen and Flora. A tradition started a few years back, maybe in Nashville? Anyone remember? Anyway, Jill, we missed you and we hope you can join us next time!

Not much sleep was had that night. Big thanks for Raina for sleeping in my hotel parking lot in her cozy van and driving me to the airport at 5:30am. I made it back to Portland in time for a brilliant Patty Griffin show that night. Should be enough great music to last me for a while. Well, at least until my Danny Schmidt show tomorrow evening, Laura Viers on Friday, and the "Lady Sings the Blues" Siren Nation benefit on Saturday night. Then on Sunday I'm off to New York and DC for 10 days for a wedding and Passover.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

Raina jamming out with The Driskill Airbuskers

Raina busking with her cute bluegrass band, Green Mountain Grass.

Flora and I drinking foofy drinks at the Hilton.

The beautiful donuts and, below, the happy donut-eaters.





2 Comments:

  • At March 22, 2007 at 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey sexy mama, love the hat! When will you be in NYC? I will be there April 9th - will our paths cross?

     
  • At April 2, 2007 at 8:58 PM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said…

    Great pictures. So full of emotion. The sorrow of the bike carcass. The bliss of the donut, and everything in between. You capture it all.

    ; )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home