JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Slacking in Blogland, shows...

Well, I've been slacking here in blogland... Busy, distracted, etc. I did add a few new blogs to the links on the right there, you should check them out if you haven't yet.

Here's a picture of me and Emma Lou, taken approximately 10 minutes ago (and inspired by one I recieved 20 minutes ago of Tracy and Miss Kitty, which may be available on request).



All I can really report to you right now is that my music festival business plan is coming along very slowly (but surely), the writing group is in the works, Holly has some very cute daughters (with lots of personality), and I went (with Lisa) to three really great shows the past weekend: The Dixie Chicks at the Rose Garden on Thursday, Catie Curtis and Karla Bonoff at the Aladdin on Friday, and The Wailin' Jennys on Saturday in Forest Grove. If you can see The Wailin' Jennys anytime on this next leg of tour (they'll be in Montana this week), I highly highly recommend it... Those girls have a good thing going.... Tell them I sent you.

And if you got tickets to Tracy's Portland show on Friday before they sold out today, that's good too! (And if you didn't, and you are a reader of this blog, I'll probably still let you in. Just say you read about it on my blog...) Or come see Chris Pureka on Wednesday night instead, or Edie Carey and Ashleigh Flynn on the 30th. See the Shining City link at right for details about both shows.

Oh, and Earthlink sucks. They are now telling me that DSL is not available in my area (hello!?!? I live in Portland!). I've been stealing a neighboring wifi signal since I moved, waiting for Earthlink to get it together to connect me for two months. Does anyone know a really good local ISP? Otherwise it may be Comcast, but I'm really sick of those big corporate ISPs... Any ideas??

Alright, I'll try to come up with something more interesting and literary next time. Here's one more picture, this one with more psychedelic lighting.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home