JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

President Obama

*image courtesy of obeygiant.com

I'm still kind of stunned when I think about it. An amazing day, amazing time. As part of a minority in this country, I feel so filled with pride and hope that things will truly change. Even with the disturbing outcome of Prop 8 in CA... I hope Obama can really change things. Today I believe he can. We can. One thing I heard today on NPR was that he is not the change, he is just the one who showed up at the right time to personify it, embody it.

I'm not at all used to the idea of a president I actually like. I do remember the night Bill Clinton was elected, and that was exciting, but this is a whole 'nother thing now. I don't think Clinton ever made me cry (well, not for a *good* reason).

Last night I went to the Oregon Convention Center for the big Democratic Party bash. I went with Holly and Amelia, Jennifer and Melina. It was a pretty cool thing to be a part of that.



3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home