JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Youtube and The Jennys

I've been on a bit of a Youtube kick lately, so many things on there that I want to share with everyone. Videos of musicians I love, kids in India, spiritual teachers, all kinds of cool stuff.

For now I'll share one of a band I saw at the Aladdin Theater last Sunday night, one I've promoted in the past: The Wailin' Jennys. They are three singer-songwriters (and now one fiddler). Their show here was stunning, brilliant. I loved it, love them, am grateful to know them. If you get a chance to see them, do it. They'll be at the Sisters (OR) Folk Festival in September, but are touring all over the place until then.

Here they are last month in Kansas, one of the better videos I found. There are also a bunch online of them at the 2006 Pickathon, but one of the band members has changed since then.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home