JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Friday, September 08, 2006

Settling in

So I've now been in my new house since Monday, and it's really growing on me. Hooking up my stereo, getting a few new plants, and hanging some pictures helped. I still have to unpack the books and CDs (which is really the bulk of what I own), but I'm getting pretty cozy here. And Emma Lou seems to like it, she especially enjoys the many windows.

I have an Oregonian newspaper box outside my house, on the corner, and it's kind of funny to watch people pull over and get their paper (of course not thinking anyone is watching them).

My garden is bursting with tomatoes and string beans. I highly recommend moving to a place with an already-producing vegetable garden. Too bad I hate tomatoes, though. But the lettuce and carrots should be up shortly, and the lavender and rosemary are lovely.

Living on a corner with no trees feels a little exposed, but I don't mind the traffic so far and the light is great. It just feels like an alive neighborhood, people going by on their bikes, etc.

Last night I had a lovely Andew Calhoun show at Mississippi Studios. Nice to see him, though not as nice to have to stay there until almost 1:30am for the late show. But I got to work with Heather, who it's hard to imagine feeling cranky towards, no matter how tired I get. Especially when she feeds me chocolate chip Rice Krispie treats. :)

My big excitement for today was finding out that I get to promote a co-bill in Missoula for two of my most beloved Portland artists, Raina Rose and Myshkin's Ruby Warblers. And I get to go with them! I haven't been to Missoula in over a year, so it'll be fun to go and fun to bring some beautiful music with me. The date is October 28th, for anyone who wants to come. It'll be up on the Shining City web site tomorrow. See link at right. :)

1 Comments:

  • At September 13, 2006 at 6:46 AM, Blogger squasha said…

    whoa, whoa, whoa... i was going along, happily reading your thoughts on settling into your new abode, when i read that you do not like tomatoes!!! WHAAAAT?!?!?!? tomato sandwiches are the BEST thing in the world! unless you have a GARDEN in which case tomatoes still warm from the sun with just a sprinkle of sugar or salt are the best. oh jess, you're missing out! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home