JessPDX

Musings about music, writing, Portland, my new house, my travels, my family, politics, whatever.....

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Rob Brezsny in Boulder

One thing I forgot to mention about Boulder, is that on the night I got there, Jeanne and I went to see Rob Brezsny speak at the Boulder Bookstore. You know, the guy who writes Free Will Astrology, published in all kinds of alternative publications like the Willamette Week, the Missoula Independent, and the Boulder Weekly. And the Boulder Bookstore is possibly my favorite bookstore after Powell's.

So we went, and it was packed to the gills, people standing in bookshelves to see. He was different than I expected, more new agey, into the spiritual stuff, than intellectual. But I'm OK with that, even glad sometimes. He was great. Extremely inspirational. A very Boulder event. I was exhausted from my trip, and sat down between some bookshelves and just listened and admired people's shoes. People have very nice shoes in Boulder.

I'm eager to read Rob's new book, "Pronoia Is the Antidote for Paranoia: How the Whole World Is Conspiring to Shower You With Blessings." I have it on hold at the library (but anyone who wants to buy me a birthday present.....). You can see more about him at http://www.freewillastrology.com.

Oh, I got a house! A little two bedroom house near NE 37th and Killingsworth. :)

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home